Are ZLINE Ranges Good? | ZLINE Range Review
by Pete Lader December 21, 2021
So you are looking for the perfect range in your kitchen and have come across the ZLINE Brand and Range. You know a lot of retailers sell it, you have never seen it in person and wondering.... are ZLINE Ranges any good?! Let's review the ZLINE range in detail!
ZLINE ranges are billed as Attainable Luxury and a perfect way to add a professional and durable appliance to your kitchen without breaking the budget. But are you giving up key features compared to other luxury brands? Let's review all the factors and find out why the ZLINE Range might be for you!
1. Range Sizes, Colors and Fuel Types
2. Materials of the Range
2. Cooktop and Burner Performance
3. Oven Performance
ZLINE Ranges come in all sizes, colors and fuel types. You'll have no trouble finding the one that suits your kitchen!
- Stainless Steel
- DuraSnow® Stainless Steel (finger-print resistant, read more here)
- Black Stainless Steel
- Black Matte
- White Matte
- Red Matte
- Red Gloss
- Blue Matte
- Blue Gloss
As part of the Luxury Autograph Series by ZLINE, ZLINE now offers three accents. These accents are on the Oven Knobs, Oven Handles, and Feet of the Range.
- Gold (customer favorite!)
- Champagne Bronze
- Black Matte
Generally, ranges need power/fuel to two parts of the range: the cooktops or burners and the oven. These can be powered by Natural Gas, Propane Gas, Electricity or a combination. Can't figure out which one is right for you? Read our article outlining the difference between gas and electric ovens!
- Natural Gas Range - Cooktop and Oven powered by Natural Gas
- Propane Gas Range - Cooktop and Oven powered by Propane Gas
- Dual Fuel Range - Cooktop powered by Natural Gas or Propane Gas and Oven powered by Electricity
Each ZLINE range is shipped for use with Natural Gas and a LP conversion kit is sent in the box.
Important to remember that the Dual Fuel ranges require 220V.
Materials of the Range
All ZLINE Ranges are made from durable 304-grade Stainless Steel. This type of stainless steel is incredibly easy to clean, reliable and will match other traditional stainless steel appliances.
The burners are made from aluminum, unless you upgrade to the ranges with brass burners. No matter which burner material you get, they are sourced from Italy.
The cooktop is made from porcelain which is the preferred material for cooktops. They are easy to clean (let's be honest, food is going to spill!), resistant to most scratches and damages and is aesthetically pleasing.
Cooktop and Burner Performance
As mentioned above, the cooktop is one piece and made of porcelain. Having a one piece cooktop will save you the headache of cleaning the cooktop constantly and you won't have to worry about food bits falling in places you can't clean!
Not only is the cooktop easy to clean, ZLINE burners are professional grade. They come in the regular burners or brass burners. All burners are sourced from Italy.
Why would you pay more for Brass Burners?
- Corrosion resistant = Last Longer
- Superior heat retention = Food Tastes Better
- Superior ability to distribute heat evenly = Food Tastes Better
- Stain and Grime resistant = Easier to Clean
- Professional look = The brass makes your range pop!
Read about the full advantages of brass burners in our award-winning article.
If you don't opt for the brass burners, you'll still receive the professional performance made of alloy, which will always produce amazing meals for the family.
The BTUs on each sealed burner range from 4,500 to 18,000 BTUs. Whether you are simmering your favorite pasta sauce or cooking your favorite dinner, you'll have a variety of burner types to cook with. The 48" and 60" range come with a fish burner - which is tailored for the built-in griddle. All burners are sealed to the range for a simplified cleaning process.
The number of burners on the cooktop range from the size:
24 Inch - 4 Burners
30 Inch - 4 Burners
36 Inch - 6 Burners
48 Inch - 6 Burners and 1 Fish/Griddle Burner
60 Inch - 8 Burners and 1 Fish/Griddle Burner
Let's talk about the most important factor that you might have on your mind. Yes - this oven has a convection fan. This fan allows heat to be distributed evenly in the oven. The convection fan can be turned on and off, depending on your preference and what food you are baking or boiling.
The second question on your mind - how large is the oven?
|Size||Total Oven Capacity (Cubic Feet)|
|24 Inch||2.8 cu. ft.|
|30 Inch||4.0 cu. ft.|
|36 Inch||4.6 cu. ft.|
|48 Inch||6.0 cu. ft.|
|60 Inch||7.4 cu. ft.|
More amazing features of the oven:
- Oven door is triple glass layered - these three layers allow you to look inside the oven as well as keep the heat in the oven.
- Ball Bearing Racks - Easy slide-out racks that don't fall as you pull them out!
- Oven Door with stay-put hinges - that's right, the hinges can support the weight of the full oven door so when you open the door, it won't fall all the way down.
ZLINE is one of the few kitchen brands that are affordable and ranks high in quality, reliability and the professional look. Let's compare the most popular ZLINE Ranges to other competitors.
Each ZLINE range comes with a 1 year full warranty, covering parts and labor. The date the warranty starts is when the range delivers to you. The warranty provider with ZLINE can service any state and city in the United States. Whether your dream kitchen is in a small or large city, you will be covered under this iron-clad warranty!
So are ZLINE Ranges any good? We can both agree the answer is a resounding yes. With the variety of colors and finishes, the Italian-made burners and the affordable cost... ZLINE ranges are a no brainer for your dream kitchen!
Shop some of the best selling ZLINE Ranges:
- ZLINE 30 in. Professional Gas Burner, Electric Oven Stainless Steel Range, RA30
- ZLINE 36 in. Professional Gas Burner/Gas Oven in Stainless Steel, RG36
- ZLINE 48 in. Professional Gas Burner and Electric Oven in Stainless Steel, RA48
- Shop all ZLINE Ranges
Contact our Sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment!